Planning for the future can be intimidating and difficult, but it’s something everyone should do, regardless of the amount of assets or income.
Kelly Walling of Caperton Walling Law provides compassionate assistance and advice in determining the type of legal documents needed to ensure your wishes are carried out when you pass away or are no longer able to act for yourself.
Kelly will ensure all of your concerns are addressed in your estate planning documents, which typically involve:
- Advanced Directives
- Statutory Durable Power of Attorney
- Medical Power of Attorney
- Living Will
Advantages of Estate Planning
The best time to plan your estate is now! There are so many advantages to estate planning.
Here are just a few of them:
- Clarify who gets your assets and how much.
- Choose who will care for minor children instead of leaving that up to the court judge.
- Set up a special needs trust for disabled loved ones.
- Determine who will manage your estate
- Engage in tax planning.
- Provide for business succession planning.
- Leave instructions for your digital assets.
- Provide a home for pets.
- Provide funeral instructions.
- Support favorite charitable causes and leave a legacy.
- Save time, money and stress for loved ones.
- Lower the potential for family disputes.
- Gain peace of mind.