Creating an Estate Plan
Preparing for the future with estate planning can be intimidating and difficult, but it’s something everyone should do, regardless of the amount of assets or income.
Kelly Walling of Caperton Walling Law Firm, PLLC provides compassionate assistance and advice in determining the type of legal documents needed to ensure your wishes are carried out when you pass away or are no longer able to act for yourself.
Did you know that in many cases, the state will decide where and how to distribute assets if no will or direction was left behind by the deceased? Additionally, did you know that a good estate plan can help minimize the tax burden of the estate on remaining family members?
Kelly will ensure all of your concerns are addressed in your estate planning documents, which typically involve:
- Advanced Directives
- Statutory Durable Power of Attorney
- Medical Power of Attorney
- Living Will
Advantages of Estate Planning
The best time to plan your estate is now! There are so many advantages to getting started today.
Here are just a few of them:case
- Clarify who gets your assets and how much.
- Choose who will care for minor children instead of leaving that up to the court judge.
- Set up a special needs trust for disabled loved ones.
- Determine who will manage your estate
- Engage in tax planning.
- Provide for business succession planning.
- Leave instructions for your digital assets.
- Provide a home for pets.
- Provide funeral instructions.
- Support favorite charitable causes and leave a legacy.
- Save time, money and stress for loved ones.
- Lower the potential for family disputes.
- Gain peace of mind.